Senior Living in 07857 (Netcong, NJ)
- 07857 scores the same as the Netcong, NJ average of 69.
- 07857 scores lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 07857 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 13 senior living facilities in the area, including Mt Arlington Senior Living, Merry Heart Nursing Home, and Bentley Commons at Paragon Village.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 18 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 53 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 51 golf courses nearby, including Lake Lackawanna Golf Course, Red/Gold Course at Flanders Valley Golf Club, and Picatinny Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Hopatcong State Park and Turkey Brook Park).
- There are 19 churches nearby, including Grace-the Church On the Mount, St Michael\'s Catholic Church, and Lutheran Church of Our Savior.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.83% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.62% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $65,628, which is in the top 35% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $54,451, which is in the top 34% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $29,510, which is in the top 24% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.47%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 07857 has a dense population density of 2,984.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.96%.