Senior Living in 07865 (Port Murray, NJ)
- 07865 scores the same as the Port Murray, NJ average of 81.
- 07865 scores higher than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 07865 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Senator Garrett Hagedorn Hosp and Hackettstown Regional Medical Center).
- There are 15 senior living facilities in the area, including Colonial Manor, Little Brook Nursing and Convalescent Home, and Warren Haven.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 27 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 67 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 80 golf courses nearby, including Hawk Pointe Golf Course, Fairway Valley Golf Club, and Minebrook Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Voorhees State Park, Jenny Jump State Forest, and Hacklebarney State Park.
- There are 40 churches nearby, including Mansfield Baptist Church, St Theodore Church, and Spruce Run Lutheran Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 7.53% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.91% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $106,536, which is in the top 7% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $93,472, which is in the top 5% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $38,540, which is in the top 10% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.92%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 07865 has a sparse population density of 160.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.56%.