Senior Living in 07874 (Stanhope, NJ)
- 07874 scores the same as the Stanhope, NJ average of 74.
- 07874 scores lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 07874 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Hackettstown Regional Medical Center).
- There are 21 senior living facilities in the area, including Mt Arlington Senior Living, Merry Heart Nursing Home, and Bentley Commons at Paragon Village.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 27 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 98 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (24% of the total population).
- There are 67 golf courses nearby, including Lake Lackawanna Golf Course, Red/Gold Course at Flanders Valley Golf Club, and Picatinny Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Hopatcong State Park, Turkey Brook Park, and Kittatinny Valley State Park.
- There are 29 churches nearby, including Lutheran Church of Our Savior, Presbyterian Church-Stanhope, and St Michael\'s Catholic Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.70% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.90% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $98,177, which is in the top 10% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $90,451, which is in the top 6% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $36,045, which is in the top 12% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.42%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 07874 has an average population density of 703.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 93.90%.