Senior Living in 07901 (Summit, NJ)
- 07901 scores the same as the Summit, NJ average of 78.
- 07901 scores higher than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 07901 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 7 hospitals nearby, including Overlook Hospital, Charter Behavioral Hlth Syst, and Children\'s Specialized Hosp.
- There are 69 senior living facilities in the area, including Spring Meadows Summit, Manorcare Health Services-New Providence, and ManorCare Health Services-Mountainside.
- There are 9 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 39 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 359 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (23% of the total population).
- There are 84 golf courses nearby, including North Course at Canoe Brook Country Club, Lower Course at Baltusrol Golf Club, and East Orange Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Watchung Reservation, South Mountain Reservation, and Loantaka Brook Reservation.
- There are 125 churches nearby, including Calvary Episcopal Church, Christ Church Summit, and Jewish Community Ctr.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 8.05% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.87% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $202,214, which is in the top 1% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $120,953, which is in the top 2% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $73,182, which is in the top 1% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.64%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 07901 has a dense population density of 3,603.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.56%.