Senior Living in 07924 (Bernardsville, NJ)
- 07924 scores the same as the Bernardsville, NJ average of 79.
- 07924 scores higher than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 07924 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Morristown Memorial Hospital).
- There are 47 senior living facilities in the area, including Ridge Oak III, Ridge Oak Senior Housing, and Alcott Manor.
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 29 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 119 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (24% of the total population).
- There are 99 golf courses nearby, including Somerset Hills Country Club, Forest Course at Fiddler\'s Elbow Country Club, and Coakley-Russo Memorial Golf Course.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Natirar Park, Morristown National Historical Park, and Willowwood Arboretum.
- There are 66 churches nearby, including Bernardsville United Meth Chr, St John On the Mountain, and St Bernard\'s Episcopal Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 7.02% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.81% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $194,540, which is in the top 1% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $122,153, which is in the top 2% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $66,961, which is in the top 2% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.31%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 07924 has an average population density of 622.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.83%.