Senior Living in 07928 (Chatham, NJ)
- 07928 scores the same as the Chatham, NJ average of 81.
- 07928 scores higher than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 07928 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 6 hospitals nearby, including Overlook Hospital, Charter Behavioral Hlth Syst, and Atlantic Health System.
- There are 58 senior living facilities in the area, including King James Care Center of Chatham, Juniper Village at Chatham, and Manorcare Health Services-New Providence.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 30 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 204 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (24% of the total population).
- There are 85 golf courses nearby, including Fairmount Country Club, Madison Golf Club, and North Course at Canoe Brook Country Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Loantaka Brook Reservation, Great Swamp National Wildlife Refuge, and Watchung Reservation.
- There are 80 churches nearby, including St Paul\'s Episcopal Church, St Patrick\'s Church, and Corpus Christi Roman Catholic.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.83% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.62% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $209,511, which is in the top 1% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $140,375, which is in the top 1% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $75,612, which is in the top 1% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.93%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 07928 has a dense population density of 2,215.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 97.72%.