Senior Living in 07939 (Lyons, NJ)
- 07939 scores the same as the Lyons, NJ average of 83.
- 07939 scores higher than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 07939 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Runnells Specialized Hospital and Muhlenberg Reg Med Center).
- There are 46 senior living facilities in the area, including Skilled Nursing at Fellowship Village, Fellowship Village, and Ridge Oak Senior Housing.
- There are 7 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 45 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 188 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (45% of the total population).
- There are 100 golf courses nearby, including Basking Ridge Country Club, New Jersey National Golf Club, and Coakley-Russo Memorial Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Natirar Park, Great Swamp National Wildlife Refuge, and Morristown National Historical Park.
- There are 101 churches nearby, including St Mark\'s Episcopal Church, Millington Baptist Church, and St James Roman Catholic Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 7.02% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.81% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has a per capita income of $8,655, which is in the top 99% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 07939 has an average population density of 554.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 60.31%.