Senior Living in 07974 (New Providence, NJ)
- 07974 scores the same as the New Providence, NJ average of 81.
- 07974 scores higher than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 07974 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 6 hospitals nearby, including Runnells Specialized Hospital, Overlook Hospital, and Charter Behavioral Hlth Syst.
- There are 55 senior living facilities in the area, including Manorcare Health Services-New Providence, Lounsberry Meadow, and Berkeley Heights Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 35 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 277 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 85 golf courses nearby, including Fairmount Country Club, North Course at Canoe Brook Country Club, and Lower Course at Baltusrol Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Watchung Reservation, Great Swamp National Wildlife Refuge, and Loantaka Brook Reservation.
- There are 149 churches nearby, including Our Lady of Peace Church, St Andrew\'s Episcopal Church, and Faith Lutheran Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 8.05% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.87% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $156,381, which is in the top 2% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $121,069, which is in the top 2% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $55,660, which is in the top 3% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.46%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 07974 has a dense population density of 2,948.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 95.54%.