Senior Living in 07981 (Whippany, NJ)
- 07981 scores the same as the Whippany, NJ average of 86.
- 07981 scores significantly higher than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 07981 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 5 hospitals nearby, including Atlantic Health System, Greystone Park Psych Hospital, and Morristown Memorial Hospital.
- There are 55 senior living facilities in the area, including Arden Courts of Whippany, Care One at Hanover Township, and Troy Hills Center.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 43 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 239 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 81 golf courses nearby, including Anchor Golf Land, Knoll East Country Club, The, and Pinch Brook Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Morristown Green, Loantaka Brook Reservation, and Becker Park.
- There are 82 churches nearby, including Our Lady of Mercy Church, First Presbyterian Church, and St John\'s Ukranian Catholic.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.83% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.62% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $113,698, which is in the top 6% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $101,708, which is in the top 4% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $42,237, which is in the top 7% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.82%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 07981 has an average population density of 1,314.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.95%.