Senior Living in 08001 (Alloway, NJ)
- 08001 scores the same as the Alloway, NJ average of 74.
- 08001 scores lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 08001 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Memorial Hospital Of Salem County).
- There are 5 senior living facilities in the area, including Golden Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, Friends Village at Woodstown, and Prospective Homes Ann\'s Abbey.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 12 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 17 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 41 golf courses nearby, including Country Club of Salem, White Cedar/Pin Oaks Course at Wild Oaks Golf Club, and Centerton Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Jellystone Park in Elmer NJ and Four Seasons Family Campground).
- There are 22 churches nearby, including Alloway Baptist Church, Quinton United Methodist Ch, and First Baptist Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.05% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.21% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $75,094, which is in the top 23% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $73,333, which is in the top 13% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $28,762, which is in the top 26% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $68,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,165 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.52%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 08001 has a sparse population density of 346.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 95.19%.