Senior Living in 08004 (Atco, NJ)
- 08004 scores the same as the Atco, NJ average of 73.
- 08004 scores lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 08004 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Virtua West Jersey Hospitals Berlin, Virtua West Jersey Hosp-berlin, and Virtua West Jersey Hospital.
- There are 38 senior living facilities in the area, including The Fountains at Cedar Parke, Spring Oak Assisted Living at Berlin, and Virtua H and R C at Berlin.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 24 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 144 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 56 golf courses nearby, including Medford Village Resort & Country Club, Medford Lakes Country Club, and Golden Pheasant Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Atsion Recreation Area and Wharton State Forest).
- There are 33 churches nearby, including Atco United Presbyterian Chr, Solid Rock Baptist Church, and Assumption Parish.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 7.24% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.50% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $86,566, which is in the top 15% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $72,961, which is in the top 13% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $30,276, which is in the top 22% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $68,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,165 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.37%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 08004 has an average population density of 989.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.50%.