Senior Living in 08006 (Barnegat Light, NJ)
- 08006 scores the same as the Barnegat Light, NJ average of 72.
- 08006 scores lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 08006 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 10 senior living facilities in the area, including Barnegat Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, Spring Oak Assisted Living of Forked River, and Golden Age Care Center.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 6 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There is 1 pharmacy within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (59% of the total population).
- There are 15 golf courses nearby, including Ocean Acres Country Club, Ocean County Golf Course at Atlantis, and Cedar Creek Golf Course.
- There is 1 park nearby (Barnegat Lighthouse State Park)..
- There are no churches nearby.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.54% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.47% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $97,608, which is in the top 10% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $68,523, which is in the top 17% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $45,953, which is in the top 5% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 08006 has an average population density of 799.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 98.21%.