Senior Living in 08023 (Deepwater, NJ)
- 08023 scores the same as the Deepwater, NJ average of 83.
- 08023 scores higher than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 08023 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Delaware Psychiatric Center, Meadow Wood Behavioral Hlth, and St Francis Hospital.
- There are 45 senior living facilities in the area, including Southgate Health Care Center, Carneys Point Care Center and Rehabilitation, and Home For Aged Women Minquadale Home.
- There are 11 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 37 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 168 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (23% of the total population).
- There are 59 golf courses nearby, including Sakima Country Club, North Course at Hercules Country Club, and Rock Manor Golf Club.
- There are 13 parks nearby, including First State National Historical Park, Fort Christina Park, and Battery Park.
- There are 244 churches nearby, including St James Roman Catholic Church, Shiloh Baptist Church, and Our Merciful Savior Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.05% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.21% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $35,221, which is in the top 96% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $35,554, which is in the top 81% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $19,453, which is in the top 73% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $68,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,165 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 08023 has a sparse population density of 455.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 80.08%.