Senior Living in 08030 (Gloucester City, NJ)
- 08030 scores the same as the Gloucester City, NJ average of 75.
- 08030 scores lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 08030 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Virtua West Jersey Hosp-camden, Cooper University Hospital, and Our Lady Of Lourdes Medical Center.
- There are 50 senior living facilities in the area, including St. Monica Center For Rehabilitation and Healthcare, Collingswood Manor, and Cooper River West.
- There are 20 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 32 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 196 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (24% of the total population).
- There are 74 golf courses nearby, including Tavistock Country Club, Franklin D. Roosevelt Golf Course, and Westwood Golf Club.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Harleigh Cemetery, Saddler\'s Woods, and Franklin Delano Roosevelt Park.
- There are 78 churches nearby, including St Maurice Church, Lighthouse Baptist Church, and St Mary\'s Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 7.24% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.50% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $63,279, which is in the top 39% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $55,181, which is in the top 33% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,262, which is in the top 45% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $68,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,165 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.41%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 08030 has a dense population density of 5,022.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 82.49%.