Senior Living in 08037 (Hammonton, NJ)
- 08037 scores the same as the Hammonton, NJ average of 69.
- 08037 scores lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 08037 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Ancora Psychiatric Hospital and William B Kessler Mem Hospital).
- There are 16 senior living facilities in the area, including Hammonton Center For Rehabilitation and Healthcare, The Heritage Assisted Living, and Manansala Residential Health Care.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 21 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 44 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 64 golf courses nearby, including Pinelands Golf Course, Frog Rock Golf & Country Club, and Frog Rock Golf & Country Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Atsion Recreation Area, Wharton State Forest, and Winding River Campground.
- There are 20 churches nearby, including St Joseph\'s Rc Church, St Lucy\'s Church, and St Anthony of Padua Catholic.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.61% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.72% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $75,762, which is in the top 22% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $61,917, which is in the top 23% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $27,222, which is in the top 31% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $59,430 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $99,463 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,230 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,506 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.85%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 08037 has a sparse population density of 208.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 81.45%.