Senior Living in 08038 (Hancocks Bridge, NJ)
- 08038 scores the same as the Hancocks Bridge, NJ average of 76.
- 08038 scores the same as the New Jersey average of 76.
- 08038 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Memorial Hospital Of Salem County).
- There are 12 senior living facilities in the area, including Governor Bacon Health Center, Golden Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, and Lindsay Place.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 16 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 50 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 49 golf courses nearby, including White Cedar/Pin Oaks Course at Wild Oaks Golf Club, Country Club of Salem, and Back Creek Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Augustine Beach Access Area, Supawna Meadows National Wildlife Refuge, and Fort Delaware State Park.
- There are 46 churches nearby, including St Mary\'s Rc Church, First United Methodist Church, and First Assembly of God.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.05% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.21% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $68,199, which is in the top 31% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $61,563, which is in the top 24% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $27,503, which is in the top 30% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $68,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,165 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.20%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 08038 has a very sparse population density of 7.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 56.25%.