Senior Living in 08043 (Voorhees, NJ)
- 08043 scores the same as the Voorhees, NJ average of 78.
- 08043 scores higher than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 08043 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Virtua West Jersey Hospital, Kennedy University Hospital, Inc (stratford Divis, and Virtua West Jersey Hospital.
- There are 61 senior living facilities in the area, including Brookdale Voorhees, Lions Gate, and Manorcare Health Services - Voorhees.
- There are 10 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 39 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 311 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 65 golf courses nearby, including Kresson Golf Club, Woodcrest Country Club, and Links Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Trump National Golf Club and Timber Creek Park).
- There are 58 churches nearby, including Ashland Evangelical Prsbytrn, All Nations Church, and Hope United Methodist Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 7.24% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.50% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $109,307, which is in the top 7% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $79,297, which is in the top 10% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $44,091, which is in the top 6% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $68,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,165 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.40%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 08043 has a dense population density of 2,534.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.60%.