Senior Living in 08052 (Maple Shade, NJ)
- 08052 scores the same as the Maple Shade, NJ average of 70.
- 08052 scores lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 08052 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Kennedy Mem Hosps-univ Med Ctr).
- There are 47 senior living facilities in the area, including The Palace Care Center, Cadbury Senior Lifestyles at Cherry Hill, and Cadbury Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- There are 11 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 23 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 198 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 72 golf courses nearby, including Merchantville Country Club, Pennsauken Country Club, and Riverton Country Club.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 51 churches nearby, including Immanuel Baptist Church, Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, and McDonald Leo V.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.39% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.06% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $63,587, which is in the top 39% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $54,242, which is in the top 35% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $28,114, which is in the top 28% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $68,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,165 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.33%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 08052 has a dense population density of 5,008.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.22%.