Senior Living in 08055 (Medford, NJ)
- 08055 scores the same as the Medford, NJ average of 81.
- 08055 scores higher than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 08055 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Virtua West Jersey Hospital, Virtua West Jersey Hospital, and Virtua Memorial Hospital Of Burlington County.
- There are 56 senior living facilities in the area, including Medford Leas, Medford Care Center, and CareOne at Evesham Assisted Living.
- There are 9 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 21 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 320 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 69 golf courses nearby, including Medford Village Resort & Country Club, Medford Lakes Country Club, and Golden Pheasant Golf Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Mount Laurel State Park)..
- There are 99 churches nearby, including St Peter\'s Episcopal Church, Medford Methodist Church, and Fellowship Alliance Chapel.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.39% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.06% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $134,639, which is in the top 3% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $107,858, which is in the top 3% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $47,465, which is in the top 5% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $68,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,165 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.63%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 08055 has an average population density of 678.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 96.53%.