Senior Living in 08065 (Palmyra, NJ)
- 08065 scores the same as the Palmyra, NJ average of 82.
- 08065 scores higher than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 08065 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 12 hospitals nearby, including Friends Hospital, John F Kennedy Mem Hospital, and Cancer Treatment Centers Of America.
- There are 111 senior living facilities in the area, including Riverview Estates, Northeast Residence, and Cinnaminson Center.
- There are 64 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 38 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 494 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 104 golf courses nearby, including Riverton Country Club, Juniata Golf Club, and Pennsauken Country Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Har NEBO Cemetery and Monuments, Pennypack Park, and Cooper River Park.
- There are 161 churches nearby, including Evergreen Baptist Church, Bethany Lutheran Church, and Central Baptist Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.39% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.06% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $73,014, which is in the top 25% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $64,119, which is in the top 21% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $30,297, which is in the top 22% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $68,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,165 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.20%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 08065 has a dense population density of 3,966.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.43%.