Senior Living in 08069 (Penns Grove, NJ)
- 08069 scores the same as the Penns Grove, NJ average of 69.
- 08069 scores lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 08069 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 38 senior living facilities in the area, including Southgate Health Care Center, Carneys Point Care Center and Rehabilitation, and Milton and Hattie Kutz Home.
- There are 9 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 33 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 130 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 66 golf courses nearby, including Sakima Country Club, North Course at Hercules Country Club, and Blue/White Course at Beckett Golf Club.
- There are 12 parks nearby, including Fox Point State Park, Fort Christina Park, and Old Swedes Church.
- There are 171 churches nearby, including St James Roman Catholic Church, Shiloh Baptist Church, and Our Merciful Savior Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.05% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.21% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $55,161, which is in the top 57% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $41,074, which is in the top 67% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,439, which is in the top 56% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $68,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,165 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 13.09%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 3% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 08069 has an average population density of 776.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 78.05%.