Senior Living in 08079 (Salem, NJ)
- 08079 scores the same as the Salem, NJ average of 62.
- 08079 scores significantly lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 08079 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Memorial Hospital Of Salem County).
- There are 8 senior living facilities in the area, including Golden Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, Lindsay Place, and Governor Bacon Health Center.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 15 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 25 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 51 golf courses nearby, including White Cedar/Pin Oaks Course at Wild Oaks Golf Club, Country Club of Salem, and Sakima Country Club.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Supawna Meadows National Wildlife Refuge, Fort Mott State Park, and Jellystone Park in Elmer NJ.
- There are 31 churches nearby, including Quinton United Methodist Ch, First United Methodist Church, and St Mary\'s Rc Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.05% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.21% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $59,206, which is in the top 47% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $47,486, which is in the top 50% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,468, which is in the top 44% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $68,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,165 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 18.48%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 08079 has a sparse population density of 120.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 81.47%.