Senior Living in 08085 (Swedesboro, NJ)
- 08085 scores the same as the Swedesboro, NJ average of 74.
- 08085 scores lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 08085 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Crozer Chester Medical Center and Keystone Center).
- There are 27 senior living facilities in the area, including Generation Station, Davis Boarding Home II, and Johnson Small Personal Care Home.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 20 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 75 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (17% of the total population).
- There are 86 golf courses nearby, including Blue/White Course at Beckett Golf Club, Sakima Country Club, and Springhaven Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Gloucester County DREAM Park, Bridgeport Speedway, and Governor Printz Park.
- There are 53 churches nearby, including Bethesda United Methodist Chr, St Joseph\'s Rectory, and Living Hope Worship Ctr.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.51% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.27% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $101,988, which is in the top 8% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $93,884, which is in the top 5% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $35,105, which is in the top 14% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $68,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,165 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.26%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 08085 has a sparse population density of 405.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.32%.