Senior Living in 08086 (Thorofare, NJ)
- 08086 scores the same as the Thorofare, NJ average of 83.
- 08086 scores higher than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 08086 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Underwood Memorial Hospital and St Agnes Medical Center).
- There are 51 senior living facilities in the area, including Manorcare Health Services-West Deptford, Avenues To Independent Living, and Inspira Acute Care for Elders Unit - Woodbury.
- There are 24 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 42 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 186 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 90 golf courses nearby, including RiverWinds Golf Club, Westwood Golf Club, and Woodbury Country Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Red Bank Battlefield Park, Franklin Delano Roosevelt Park, and John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge at Tinicum.
- There are 71 churches nearby, including St John the Evangelist, St Paul\'s United Methodist Chr, and Hammel Rodney C.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.51% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.27% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $78,534, which is in the top 20% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $67,850, which is in the top 17% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $34,790, which is in the top 14% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $68,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,165 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.81%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 08086 has an average population density of 1,051.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.61%.