Senior Living in 08087 (Tuckerton, NJ)
- 08087 scores the same as the Tuckerton, NJ average of 66.
- 08087 scores significantly lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 08087 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 7 senior living facilities in the area, including The Terraces at Seacrest Village, Seacrest Village, and Arcadia Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 9 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 11 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (35% of the total population).
- There are 26 golf courses nearby, including Sea Oaks Golf Club, Ocean County Golf Course at Atlantis, and Pomona Golf Course.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Atlantic City North Family Campground - Jersey Shore Camping at its finest!, Sea Oaks Country Club, and Sea Pirate Campground.
- There are 8 churches nearby, including St Theresa\'s Church, Good Shepherd Lutheran Church, and First United Methodist Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.54% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.47% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $70,152, which is in the top 28% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $59,581, which is in the top 26% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $28,542, which is in the top 27% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.44%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 08087 has a sparse population density of 482.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.01%.