Senior Living in 08104 (Camden, NJ)
- 08104 has a SeniorScore® of 69, which is the 3rd highest of any zip code in Camden, NJ.
- 08104 scores higher than the Camden, NJ average of 67.
- 08104 scores lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 08104 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 9 hospitals nearby, including Virtua West Jersey Hosp-camden, Our Lady Of Lourdes Medical Center, and Cooper University Hospital.
- There are 62 senior living facilities in the area, including Majestic Center For Rehab And Sub-Acute Care, Collingswood Manor, and Abigail House For Nursing and Rehabilitation.
- There are 22 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 30 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 325 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (15% of the total population).
- There are 81 golf courses nearby, including Pennsauken Country Club, Tavistock Country Club, and Franklin D. Roosevelt Golf Course.
- There are 14 parks nearby, including Harleigh Cemetery, Camden Children\'s Garden, and Johnson Park.
- There are 104 churches nearby, including Kingdom Hall of Jehovah\'s, St Joseph Church, and St Joan of Arc Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 7.24% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.50% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $31,056, which is in the top 98% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $25,000, which is in the top 96% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $11,437, which is in the top 98% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $68,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,165 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 25.85%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 08104 has a dense population density of 7,696.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 62.78%.