Senior Living in 08201 (Absecon, NJ)
- 08201 has a SeniorScore® of 70, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Absecon, NJ.
- 08201 scores lower than the Absecon, NJ average of 73.
- 08201 scores lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 08201 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Bacharach Institute For Rehab).
- There are 16 senior living facilities in the area, including Bayview Cottage, Absecon Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation, and Seashore Gardens Living Center.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 8 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 63 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 26 golf courses nearby, including Pomona Golf Course, Bay Course at Marriott\'s Seaview Country Club Resort, and Galloway National Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Chestnut Lake RV Campground and Atlantic Blueberry RV Park).
- There are 12 churches nearby, including Mainland Baptist Church, DE Laurentis Joseph B, and St Elizabeth Seton Religious.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.61% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.72% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $76,125, which is in the top 22% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $61,845, which is in the top 23% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $30,487, which is in the top 22% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $59,430 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $99,463 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,230 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,506 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.93%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 08201 has a dense population density of 1,775.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.32%.