Senior Living in 08203 (Brigantine, NJ)
- 08203 scores the same as the Brigantine, NJ average of 75.
- 08203 scores lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 08203 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Atlanticare Regional Medical Center - City Div).
- There are 11 senior living facilities in the area, including Eastern Pines Covalescent Center, Caring Senior Living, and Bayview Cottage.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 12 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 43 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (38% of the total population).
- There are 22 golf courses nearby, including Brigantine Golf Links, Links At Brigantine Beach, The, and Galloway National Golf Club.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 15 churches nearby, including Community Presbyterian Church, St Augustine\'s Episcopal Chr, and Union Baptist Temple.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.61% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.72% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $82,746, which is in the top 17% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $63,883, which is in the top 21% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $37,927, which is in the top 10% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $59,430 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $99,463 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,230 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,506 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.96%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 08203 has an average population density of 1,464.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.05%.