Senior Living in 08212 (Cape May Point, NJ)
- 08212 scores the same as the Cape May Point, NJ average of 85.
- 08212 scores significantly higher than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 08212 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 3 senior living facilities in the area, including Victoria Commons, Victoria Manor, and North Cape Center.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 14 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 40 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (82% of the total population).
- There are 14 golf courses nearby, including Cape May National Golf Club, Ponderlodge, and Stone Harbor Golf Club.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Cape May Point State Park, South Cape May Meadows, and Nature Center of Cape May.
- There are 18 churches nearby, including Cape Island Baptist Church, St John of God Rc Church, and Episcopal Church of the Advent.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.68% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.12% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $74,087, which is in the top 24% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $68,250, which is in the top 17% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $50,125, which is in the top 4% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $58,908 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $113,150 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $25,740 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $42,900 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- 08212 has a sparse population density of 352.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.67%.