Senior Living in 08221 (Linwood, NJ)
- 08221 scores the same as the Linwood, NJ average of 83.
- 08221 scores higher than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 08221 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Shore Memorial Hospital).
- There are 15 senior living facilities in the area, including St Johns Nursing Home, Linwood Care Center, and Meadowview Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 28 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 130 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 21 golf courses nearby, including Linwood Country Club, Atlantic City Country Club, and Greate Bay Golf Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Birch Grove Park)..
- There are 29 churches nearby, including Linwood Community Church, Bell Irven J, and Central United Methodist Chr.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.61% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.72% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $129,610, which is in the top 4% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $87,560, which is in the top 7% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $47,046, which is in the top 5% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $59,430 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $99,463 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,230 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,506 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.36%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 08221 has a dense population density of 1,820.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 93.29%.