Senior Living in 08223 (Marmora, NJ)
- 08223 scores the same as the Marmora, NJ average of 83.
- 08223 scores higher than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 08223 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Shore Memorial Hospital).
- There are 9 senior living facilities in the area, including The Shores at Wesley Manor, Oceanview Center For Rehabilitation, and Somers Place.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 17 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 98 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (34% of the total population).
- There are 30 golf courses nearby, including B. L. England Recreation Center & Golf Course, Ocean City Golf Course, and Greate Bay Golf Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Ocean View Resort Campground)..
- There are 30 churches nearby, including Second Cape May Baptist Church, Covenant Life Christian, and St Augustine\'s Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.68% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.12% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $89,533, which is in the top 13% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $74,866, which is in the top 12% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $41,360, which is in the top 8% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $58,908 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $113,150 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $25,740 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $42,900 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.21%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 08223 has a sparse population density of 318.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.23%.