Senior Living in 08240 (Pomona, NJ)
- 08240 scores the same as the Pomona, NJ average of 72.
- 08240 scores lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 08240 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Bacharach Institute For Rehab).
- There are 19 senior living facilities in the area, including Royal Suites Health Care and Rehabilitation, Renaissance Pavilion, and The Health Center at Galloway Nursing & Rehabilitation .
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 21 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 72 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (0% of the total population).
- There are 28 golf courses nearby, including Pomona Golf Course, East Course at Blue Heron Pines Golf Club, and Galloway National Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Holly Acres RV Park and Atlantic Blueberry RV Park).
- There are 17 churches nearby, including Assumption Church, Mainland Baptist Church, and Zion Lutheran Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.61% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.72% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has a per capita income of $3,433, which is in the top 100% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $59,430 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $99,463 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,230 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,506 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.10%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 08240 has a dense population density of 1,510.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 100.00%.