Senior Living in 08248 (Strathmere, NJ)
- 08248 scores the same as the Strathmere, NJ average of 91.
- 08248 scores significantly higher than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 08248 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Shore Memorial Hospital).
- There are 8 senior living facilities in the area, including Oceanview Center For Rehabilitation, The Shores at Wesley Manor, and Crest Haven Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 18 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 51 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (63% of the total population).
- There are 30 golf courses nearby, including Shore Gate Golf Club, B. L. England Recreation Center & Golf Course, and Ocean City Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Boardwalk - Sea Isle City, Ocean View Resort Campground, and Leamings Run Gardens-Colonial.
- There are 23 churches nearby, including Abundant Life Assembly of God, Allen Wm R Rev, and St Joseph\'s Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.68% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.12% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $269,659, which is in the top 1% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $182,888, which is in the top 1% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $143,943, which is in the top 1% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $58,908 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $113,150 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $25,740 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $42,900 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 08248 has a sparse population density of 264.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 100.00%.