Senior Living in 08251 (Villas, NJ)
- 08251 scores the same as the Villas, NJ average of 69.
- 08251 scores lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 08251 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 7 senior living facilities in the area, including Victoria Manor, Victoria Commons, and North Cape Center.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 9 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 29 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 7 golf courses nearby, including Ponderlodge, Cape May National Golf Club, and Stone Harbor Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Acorn Campground, Beachcomber Camping Resort, and Holly Shores Camping Resort.
- There are 14 churches nearby, including Holy Spirit Lutheran Church, St Raymond\'s Catholic Church, and Lighthouse Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.68% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.12% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $54,717, which is in the top 58% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $46,178, which is in the top 53% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,052, which is in the top 46% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $58,908 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $113,150 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $25,740 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $42,900 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.41%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 08251 has a dense population density of 1,651.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 84.31%.