Senior Living in 08316 (Dorchester, NJ)
- 08316 scores the same as the Dorchester, NJ average of 76.
- 08316 scores the same as the New Jersey average of 76.
- 08316 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 3 senior living facilities in the area, including Maurice House, Millville Center, and Lincoln Specialty Care Center.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 12 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 31 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 32 golf courses nearby, including Eastlyn Golf Course, Avalon Golf Club, and Wildwood Golf & Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Belleplain State Forest)..
- There are 18 churches nearby, including Surgrue John F, Dunkins James A, and St John Bosco Ccd Office.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.73% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.13% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $82,656, which is in the top 17% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $79,038, which is in the top 10% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $33,010, which is in the top 17% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $68,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,165 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 22.71%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 08316 has a sparse population density of 106.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 84.08%.