Senior Living in 08318 (Elmer, NJ)
- 08318 scores the same as the Elmer, NJ average of 76.
- 08318 scores the same as the New Jersey average of 76.
- 08318 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including South Jersey Healthcare-elmer Hospital, South Jersey Hospital, and South Jersey Healthcare Regional Medical Center.
- There are 19 senior living facilities in the area, including Eagleview Health and Rehabilitation, South Jersey Extended Care, and Goldfinch House.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 29 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 103 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 45 golf courses nearby, including Centerton Golf Club, White Oaks Country Club, and Holly Hills Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Parvin State Park, Jellystone Park in Elmer NJ, and Four Seasons Family Campground.
- There are 81 churches nearby, including St Ann\'s Catholic Church, Aldine United Methodist Church, and First Baptist Church Elmer.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.05% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.21% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $82,852, which is in the top 17% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $72,321, which is in the top 14% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $28,970, which is in the top 26% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $68,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,165 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.34%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 08318 has a sparse population density of 159.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.34%.