Senior Living in 08321 (Fortescue, NJ)
- 08321 scores the same as the Fortescue, NJ average of 75.
- 08321 scores lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 08321 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 5 senior living facilities in the area, including Maurice House, Cumberland Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and Goldfinch House.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 12 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 29 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (66% of the total population).
- There are 28 golf courses nearby, including Cohanzick Country Club, Holly Hills Golf Club, and Eastlyn Golf Course.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 17 churches nearby, including Shiloh Baptist Church, Haleyville Church of God, and St Michaels Roman Catholic.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.73% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.13% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $52,748, which is in the top 64% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $46,429, which is in the top 52% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $26,259, which is in the top 35% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $68,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,165 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 08321 has a very sparse population density of 26.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 70.54%.