Senior Living in 08328 (Malaga, NJ)
- 08328 scores the same as the Malaga, NJ average of 77.
- 08328 scores higher than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 08328 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (South Jersey Healthcare Regional Medical Center and South Jersey Healthcare-elmer Hospital).
- There are 18 senior living facilities in the area, including New Jersey Veterans Memorial Vineland, Eagleview Health and Rehabilitation, and Bishop Mccarthy Residence.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 20 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 80 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (24% of the total population).
- There are 42 golf courses nearby, including White Oaks Country Club, Latona Country Club, and Latona Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Parvin State Park)..
- There are 49 churches nearby, including Malaga Assembly of God, St Rose of Lima Church, and Pedrick P.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.51% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.27% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $76,289, which is in the top 22% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $65,833, which is in the top 19% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $26,026, which is in the top 36% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $68,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,165 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.81%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 08328 has an average population density of 642.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.11%.