Senior Living in 08330 (Mays Landing, NJ)
- 08330 scores the same as the Mays Landing, NJ average of 65.
- 08330 scores significantly lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 08330 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 23 senior living facilities in the area, including Woodview Estates, Harbor Hall Boarding Home, and Fairways at Mays Landing.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 26 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 67 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (24% of the total population).
- There are 45 golf courses nearby, including Hamilton Trails Golf Club, Mays Landing Golf Club, and Greate Bay Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Winding River Campground and Holly Acres RV Park).
- There are 18 churches nearby, including First United Methodist Church, Mayslanding Baptist Church, and St Vincent De Paul Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.61% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.72% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $68,162, which is in the top 31% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $56,728, which is in the top 30% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $25,566, which is in the top 38% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $59,430 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $99,463 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,230 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,506 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.88%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 08330 has a sparse population density of 233.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 86.38%.