Senior Living in 08343 (Monroeville, NJ)
- 08343 scores the same as the Monroeville, NJ average of 79.
- 08343 scores higher than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 08343 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (South Jersey Healthcare-elmer Hospital).
- There are 24 senior living facilities in the area, including Wedgewood Operating, Summit Place, and Enlivant.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 25 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 92 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 74 golf courses nearby, including Centerton Golf Club, White Oaks Country Club, and Maple Ridge Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Four Seasons Family Campground, Jellystone Park in Elmer NJ, and Parvin State Park.
- There are 55 churches nearby, including Hardingville Bible Church, Hirth Paul A, and St Catherine of Siena Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.51% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.27% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $94,191, which is in the top 11% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $84,288, which is in the top 8% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $30,253, which is in the top 22% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $68,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,165 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 13.03%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 08343 has a sparse population density of 151.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.12%.