Senior Living in 08344 (Newfield, NJ)
- 08344 scores the same as the Newfield, NJ average of 76.
- 08344 scores the same as the New Jersey average of 76.
- 08344 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (South Jersey Healthcare Regional Medical Center).
- There are 25 senior living facilities in the area, including New Jersey Veterans Memorial Vineland, Bishop Mccarthy Residence, and Baker Place.
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 27 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 91 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 56 golf courses nearby, including White Oaks Country Club, Latona Country Club, and Latona Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Parvin State Park)..
- There are 43 churches nearby, including Minotola United Methodist Chr, Saint Michael\'s Church, and St Rose of Lima Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.51% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.27% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $75,273, which is in the top 23% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $63,145, which is in the top 22% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $27,117, which is in the top 32% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $68,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,165 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.06%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 08344 has a sparse population density of 236.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 79.84%.