Senior Living in 08345 (Newport, NJ)
- 08345 scores the same as the Newport, NJ average of 74.
- 08345 scores lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 08345 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 7 senior living facilities in the area, including Maurice House, Goldfinch House, and Cumberland Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 18 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 29 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (36% of the total population).
- There are 38 golf courses nearby, including Cohanzick Country Club, Holly Hills Golf Club, and Eastlyn Golf Course.
- There is 1 park nearby (Cohanzick Zoo)..
- There are 17 churches nearby, including St Michaels Roman Catholic, Shiloh Baptist Church, and Haleyville Church of God.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.73% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.13% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $53,374, which is in the top 62% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $39,821, which is in the top 70% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,695, which is in the top 60% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $68,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,165 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.24%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 08345 has a very sparse population density of 39.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 65.04%.