Senior Living in 08402 (Margate City, NJ)
- 08402 scores the same as the Margate City, NJ average of 82.
- 08402 scores higher than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 08402 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Atlanticare Regional Medical Center - City Div and Shore Memorial Hospital).
- There are 14 senior living facilities in the area, including Shalom House, Our Ladys Residence, and Linwood Care Center.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 30 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 127 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (50% of the total population).
- There are 23 golf courses nearby, including Atlantic City Country Club, Linwood Country Club, and Greate Bay Golf Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Birch Grove Park)..
- There are 38 churches nearby, including Beth El Synagogue, Margate Community Church, and St James Roman Cath Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.61% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.72% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $106,455, which is in the top 7% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $73,290, which is in the top 13% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $52,084, which is in the top 4% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $59,430 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $99,463 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,230 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,506 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.88%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 08402 has a dense population density of 4,490.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.20%.