Senior Living in 08520 (Hightstown, NJ)
- 08520 scores the same as the Hightstown, NJ average of 68.
- 08520 scores significantly lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 08520 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 30 senior living facilities in the area, including Meadow Lakes, Holly House, and Hightstown Housing Authority.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 14 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 52 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (22% of the total population).
- There are 65 golf courses nearby, including Peddie School Golf Course, Concordia Golf Club, and Miry Run Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Assunpink Wildlife Management Area and Horse Park of New Jersey).
- There are 12 churches nearby, including St Paul\'s Lutheran Church, First Baptist Church, and First United Methodist Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.84% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.02% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $105,021, which is in the top 8% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $90,268, which is in the top 6% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $38,309, which is in the top 10% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $68,160 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $122,275 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,255 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,117 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.34%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 08520 has a dense population density of 1,580.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.99%.