Senior Living in 08527 (Jackson, NJ)
- 08527 scores the same as the Jackson, NJ average of 72.
- 08527 scores lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 08527 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Kimball Medical Center).
- There are 44 senior living facilities in the area, including Pushkin Memorial Home, Sunrise of Jackson, and The Orchards at Bartley Assisted Living.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 21 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 112 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 62 golf courses nearby, including Pine Barrens, Back/Third Course at Metedeconk National Golf Club, and Westlake Golf & Country Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Butterfly Camping Resort, Indian Rock RV Park Campground, and Turkey Swamp Park.
- There are 59 churches nearby, including St Monica Catholic Church, Church of St Aloysius, and Jackson United Methodist Chr.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.54% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.47% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $99,867, which is in the top 9% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $89,084, which is in the top 6% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $35,254, which is in the top 13% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.17%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 08527 has an average population density of 637.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.42%.