Senior Living in 08533 (New Egypt, NJ)
- 08533 scores the same as the New Egypt, NJ average of 68.
- 08533 scores significantly lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 08533 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 12 senior living facilities in the area, including Pushkin Memorial Home, Whiting Health Care, and The Reserve of Lake Ridge.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 6 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 31 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (19% of the total population).
- There are 71 golf courses nearby, including Fountain Green Golf Course, Cream Ridge Golf Club, and Gambler Ridge Golf Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Indian Rock RV Park Campground)..
- There are 57 churches nearby, including Assumption Roman Catholic Chr, New Egypt United Methodist Chr, and Plumsted Presbyterian Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.54% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.47% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $90,941, which is in the top 13% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $80,101, which is in the top 10% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $31,668, which is in the top 19% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.46%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 08533 has a sparse population density of 372.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.36%.