Senior Living in 08534 (Pennington, NJ)
- 08534 scores the same as the Pennington, NJ average of 86.
- 08534 scores significantly higher than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 08534 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 5 hospitals nearby, including Capital Health System-fuld Campus, Trenton Psychiatric Hospital, and St Lawrence Rehabilitation Ctr.
- There are 45 senior living facilities in the area, including Cokesbury Village, St Lawrence Rehab Center, and Villa Vianney.
- There are 8 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 29 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 183 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 87 golf courses nearby, including Mountain View Golf Course, Trenton Country Club, and Hopewell Valley Golf Club.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Washington Crossing State Park, Washington Crossing Historic Park, and Princeton Battlefield State Park.
- There are 101 churches nearby, including St James Roman Catholic Church, St Matthews Episcopal Church, and Pennington United Methodist.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.84% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.02% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $169,643, which is in the top 2% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $146,532, which is in the top 1% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $62,824, which is in the top 2% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $68,160 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $122,275 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,255 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,117 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.61%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 08534 has an average population density of 591.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 97.16%.