Senior Living in 08535 (Millstone Township, NJ)
- 08535 has a SeniorScore® of 79, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Millstone Township, NJ.
- 08535 scores lower than the Millstone Township, NJ average of 81.
- 08535 scores higher than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 08535 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Centrastate Medical Center).
- There are 35 senior living facilities in the area, including Ave Care, Meadow Lakes, and Hightstown Housing Authority.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 22 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 174 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (22% of the total population).
- There are 82 golf courses nearby, including North Course at Charleston Springs Golf Course, Peddie School Golf Course, and Concordia Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Assunpink Wildlife Management Area, Horse Park of New Jersey, and Monmouth Battlefield State Park.
- There are 41 churches nearby, including First Baptist Church, First United Methodist Church, and Green Ronald L.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.89% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.63% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $176,268, which is in the top 1% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $142,975, which is in the top 1% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $52,399, which is in the top 3% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.15%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 08535 has a sparse population density of 302.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.85%.