Senior Living in 08542 (Princeton, NJ)
- 08542 has a SeniorScore® of 67, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Princeton, NJ.
- 08542 scores lower than the Princeton, NJ average of 71.
- 08542 scores significantly lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 08542 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (University Medical Center At Princeton).
- There are 13 senior living facilities in the area, including Princeton Housing Authority, Health Care Minstry of Princeton, and Princeton Care Center.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 6 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 46 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (14% of the total population).
- There are 38 golf courses nearby, including Springdale Golf Club, Princeton Country Club, and Bunker Hill Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Marquand Park, Princeton Battlefield State Park, and Herrontown Woods Arboretum.
- There are 16 churches nearby, including First Baptist Church, St Paul Roman Catholic Church, and Princeton United Methodist Chr.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.84% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.02% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $99,240, which is in the top 9% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $68,262, which is in the top 17% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $34,949, which is in the top 14% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $68,160 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $122,275 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,255 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,117 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.68%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 08542 has a very dense population density of 10,154.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 85.74%.