Senior Living in 08550 (Princeton Junction, NJ)
- 08550 scores the same as the Princeton Junction, NJ average of 78.
- 08550 scores higher than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 08550 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital Hamilton and St Lawrence Rehabilitation Ctr).
- There are 40 senior living facilities in the area, including Bear Creek Assisted Living, Hamilton Continuing Care Center, and Robbinsville Township Housing Inspector.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 18 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 182 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 63 golf courses nearby, including Cranbury Golf Club, East Course at Mercer Oaks Golf Course, and Meadows at Middlesex, The.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Mercer County Park, Sayen House and Gardens, and Princeton Battlefield State Park.
- There are 51 churches nearby, including Congregation Beth Chaim Prschl, Prince of Peace Lutheran Chr, and Fellowship Baptist Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.84% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.02% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $200,825, which is in the top 1% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $166,283, which is in the top 1% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $67,560, which is in the top 2% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $68,160 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $122,275 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,255 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,117 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.51%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 08550 has an average population density of 1,044.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 98.20%.